Friday, August 26, 2011

Please, mom?

Well. Here we go. My teenager is asking to go to a "rave". We've been through a lot in the past year. A lot of things have changed. He's changed, his little brother has changed, his dad has changed. Some of the changes are direct results of what happened almost a year ago. Some of them are quite indirect. Most of them are good.
It's time to start letting the reins out. Slowly. It seems to be easier foe me to do than his dad. That's very strange to me. It seems I would be the one clinging to he image of my little baby boy, clutching at what he used to be.
But I don't.
He's turning into the most amazing young man. He's taller than me, he's artistic, he's got quite a sense of humor, and I'm just so happy to see him every day, I've stopped holding onto who he used to be.
I embrace who he's become and who he has the potential to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say what you want to say.