Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Editor Was Wounded


 In class free write with a visual prompt. I haven't edited it at all, so read at your own risk if you're some sort of grammar or spelling nazi... ;)  I'm including the picture that was our prompt. I found the photo at The National Galleries of Scotland.

What the hell IS that?  It looks like a shorn lamb in a box.  Is it really in the bos?  Or is it another manipulated image? Is it alive? Or dead? Where’s it’s mom? Or am I so unfamiliar with farm animals that that things is like 10 years old and too old to be with his mom?  Yea, that’s probably it. I don’ tknow crap about farm animals.  Hell, until 2 years ago I was scared of horses.  But why in the hell is it in the damn box??  And is it really a lamb? Or a sheep? OR is it something that doesn’t even freaking exist?  Who the hell knows? And what are they doing with it. Seriously if that thing is alive…. I hope it’s taxidermied.  Yea. That’s it.  It’s taxidermied. And stuck in a glass box. Probably presented as “art” by some weirdo artist.  At a weirdo art show. That ou would never see here in little ol’ spriringfield, mo.  This town… don’t get me started.  Is that really glass?  Oh my god what if there’s not even glass?! What if it LOOKS like a box but you get closer to it and t4he lamb looks at you and suddenly grows fangs, it’s head elongates, it’s jaw drops open and it lets out an earsplitting … what the hell sound?  BAAAAAAAA so loud it hurts yor ears! And then it starts to chase you because it’s hungry.  THAT’S what it is!!!  A genetically engineered sheep.  The experiment went completely wrong and now it’s trying to eat everyone! I think I may have stole that idea from ‘ancestor’ by scott sigler.  Have you aver read scott sigler?  I love his stuff.  Started out on podiobooks.  Now he’s got a book in print and another on the way.  But I can listen to all 7 of his books on my iphone with his nify new app that doug designed.  How cool is that for him to put all of his stuff out there’re for free?? Awesomeness.  But anyway, yea, I think that the lamb is going to tery to eat me.  I’m almost sur of it.  Oh by. We are in TROUBLE DUDE.  FOR SURE!!!  HOW DO YOU STOP A HUNGRY GRENETICALLY ENGINEERED LAMB??  I HAVE NO IDEA.  AND DON’T ASK THE GOVERNMENT.  THEY WON’T KOW.  THEY’LL JUST BE LIKE “SHOTO IT!” NO TREALIZED THE LAMB AHS ALREADY INFECTED THE SCIENTISTS DOG.  OH GOD WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HUMANITY? WILL WE BE ABLE TO DEFEAT THE CRAZED LAMB AND EQUALLY CRAZED DOG?? WILL THE DOG INFECT SOMETHING ELSE BEFORE WE CAN GET TO IT? LIKE A DEER?  OR A CAT?  OH NO. NOT A CAT.  CAT’S ARE MEAN.  I LIKE THEM, BUT THEY ARE MEAN. WHAT ABOUT A SQUIREL? OH MAN.  THAT WOULD REALLY FREAK OUT THTAT ONE LIBRARIAN LADY AT MSU WHO THINKS THE SQUIRRELS ARE OU TO GET HER.  CAN YOU BEIEVE THAT? SHE REALLY THINKS THE SQUIRRELS ARE WATCHING HER EVERY MOVE.  DRIVES MY FIRED THAT WORKS WITH HER CRIZAZAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say what you want to say.